Settlement of Břehyně
Břehyně settlement is situated less than 2 km northeast of the town Doksy and just over 1.5 km east of Macha Lake, on the shore of the pond of the same name.
As the Wikipedia online encyclopedia states, the first preserved written references about the village of Břehyně are from 1460 when the village was owned by town Doksy. The village was later destroyed and only a mill remained in the place. During the 18th century, the village was gradually restored thanks to the business activities of the local miller. The village Břehyně (in German Heidemühl) at that time belonged together with the surrounding villages of Staré Splavy, Poslův Mlýn, Okna, Skalka and Zbyny to the parish of the Roman Catholic Doksy.
According to the Historical Lexicon of Municipalities in 1869, the village Heidemühl belonged to the Dauba (Dubá) district. From 1880 to 1910, it was only the village of Hirschberg (Doksy), the Dubá district. Since 1961 is Břehyně a part of Doksy.
In the first republic, along with tourist boom, several local landlords began offering accommodation. The Guesthouse U Lekninu (Gasthaus Zum Teichrose) was a popular tourist destination. His former manager, Josef Schreier, offered 8 beds in 4 rooms without waterworks and a dry toilet in the courtyard, as can be found in one of the period advertisements.
Among today's tourist attractions of Břehyně include, besides the cultural monument U Lekninu, of course the National Nature Reserve Břehyně - Pecopala, which also includes Brehyňský pond. An interesting sight that is definitely worth seeing is the artificially created borehole in the rock used to drain the water from the Břehynský pond and the baroque chapel of St. Laurel with a bell tower from 1779, which is also on the list of cultural monuments. From the road Břehyně - Mimoň are the most beautiful evening views of Bezděz Castle across the Břehynský pond.

The whole house is non-smoking. Smoking is possible in the garden.

Accommodation only without pets.